The main aim of the ‘Woman2Woman Networking’ (W2WN) is to promote women personal development and empowerment contributing to full participation in all levels of life and society. This way the W2WN strives to fostering women’s rights, gender equality and fight gender based discrimination and violence.
Therefore awareness raising on masculinities and the role of the patriarchal system on the creation and maintenance of gender and other inequalities is an essential part of the work promoted by the W2WN.
W2WN shares the following definition of women’s empowerment:
Women’s empowerment has five components:
- Women’s sense of self-worth;
- Women’s right to have and to determine choices;
- Women’s right to have access to opportunities and resources;
- Women’s right to have the power to control their own lives, both within and outside the home;
- Women’s ability to influence the direction of social change to create a more just social and economic order, nationally and internationally.